Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We've come a long way. {82}

Photobucket

I remember this night. It was the day I got my braces off, sometime in April or May of 2007. I got all dolled up and headed over to Benja's garage where we all hung out and this boy who made me so nervous was there. He was so shy, I had to force him to talk. But I was just drawn to him. If it made the world mad, I didn't care.

I was really into bringing disposable cameras everywhere that year, for some reason. I snapped this picture of Mike and I that night, our first picture together. We were both so young, so nervous, so unknowing of what we would be.

And three years into our marriage, I can still have the ability to feel nervous and excited at the same time. To look forward to our life together and look at our beautiful kids and laugh. Because we didn't know a thing before. I'd known Mike in the background of my life since I was fifteen but my husband and the father of my children was under my nose the whole time.

Life works in devious ways, I'm so happy with the cards that were dealt.

I love you babe, happy anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment