Saturday, January 8, 2011

I can do so many things. {45}


This year will be one of the most difficult years for our family. With Mike leaving us for a whole year, I will need to be a single parent, a strong wife and a stable person. That's why I've decided to commit myself to running a full marathon.

A marathon is something I thought I would never be able to do. I've never been a fitness orientated person- I usually end up tired as hell on the couch at the end of a long day with the kids- but now I'm tired as hell but in a different way. In an "oh shit I'm accomplishing something" way.

It's not about weight loss. If I don't lose a pound, I could care less. It's about keeping my mind on things and training it. It's about proving something to myself. But most importantly it's for Mike. To show him I can be valiant while he is gone. I can function as a person and will achieve it in his honor. I'll sacrifice my laziness for all his sacrifices and even our children's (although they are not aware of theirs quite yet.}

If I have to crawl through the finish line I will. It's not about time for me, it's about FINISHING.

(and hopefully these shoes will help me with that ! )

2 comments:

  1. you go girl! Papa and I always tell you that you can do anything you want

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, go you! Very happy for you...I know I am a million miles away but I will support you however I can. You know I am always here for you...the year will fly by and then you guys can go where ever you want! :)

    ReplyDelete