Friday, January 7, 2011

Organic Awesome-sauce. {44}


There is nothing I love more than making things from scratch. I try to make everything simple and tasty, the opposite of what you would find in a packaged "health" food you would see sitting on your grocer's shelf. Not everything is packed with sugars and pesticides but I like to put wholesome foods into my wholesome kid's bellies. I make Jude's food and he and Lucy love my "organic awesome-sauce." It's so simple and delicious and great for kids!

Ingredients:

1 bag of organic apples (granny smith's might taste a bit sour)
1/3 cup of raw sugar
a sprinkle of cinnamon
3 teaspoons of water

First peel and slice the apples. Place in a pan and fill with water. Boil until tender. Mix on high with ingredients until desired consistency and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment