Friday, January 28, 2011

Shel. {65}

Photobucket


One of the greatest parts of being a mommy is revisiting your childhood and teaching your kids all about the things you grew up loving. Since I was five I've had a passion for reading and some books are just part of who I am. Anne of Green Gables is probably one of the most influential books that really encouraged me to write but the kids are too young for that. So today I read them some pieces from Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. I love his poems, still. They are so entertaining and the kids loved the little sketches.

3 comments:

  1. "Where the Sidewalk ends" was one of my favs too! I spent most of my childhood learning to draw the illustrations in that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh i remember anne of green gables! remember we used to play and pretend u were her?! flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss doing all our plays and singing contests!

    ReplyDelete